Monday, March 10, 2008

Just rambling


Hello everyone! I'm just sitting here at the computer putting off paying bills. I thought this would be a nice delay for that chore. Actually, I have to admit, once I start doing it, I absolutely love it. Especially entering everything in our Quicken acct. I love the organization of it. I'm actually thinking of keeping financial records for one of my friends just so I can do more of it. Call me crazy but I really enjoy it.
Paul, Missy, Heather, Rob, Robert, all the kiddos and I enjoyed a lovely evening up at Gramma and Grampa's last Sunday. The kids had a lot of fun together and we adults had a nice time visiting. Does everyone realize GGma just turned 95 years young on the 26th?!!!! What a woman! She is so amazing. I only hope all of us can tackle that age with such vigor.
When we moved into our house last year, Missy mentioned it would be a good place for doing a big Easter egg hunt. Our property is in need of some revamping and the weather is only just starting to cooperate, so unfortunately we won't be having an egg hunt this year but please tentatively mark your calendars for next year. Would it be better if we did it the Saturday before Easter? Well, I guess we have a whole year to plan it.
Ideas for a family reunion this summer are stirring. I think we will be hanging out at our house again for the latter part of the day. We will have the pool table, ping pong, volleyball, sprinklers (or slip-n-slide), darts, track ball, etc.. Rob also suggested going to the falls somewhere up past our house for a little hike and nature enjoyment. We all definitely agree that we do not want to go to mud lake again. Eewww. That was gross. As for the date, Andrea is supposed to be in town sometime in July. We want to try to plan it for when she is here. Andrea, when will that be? I guess Bill and Kathy are also going to try to make it this year. Let me know if anyone has any other ideas for activities or if you have other games you could bring to our house. Maybe we could do a scavenger hunt for the kids if we go to the falls, or we could do some type of treasure hunt at our house with a map and all that fun stuff. Just brainstorming.
Well enough babbling. I'm off to play on Quicken.
Much love to you all,
Jen

No comments: